I’ve posted these pancakes on my Instagram Story a few times, the recipe is actually still in a ‘highlight’ if you’d like to see it in action!
We’ve started a little Sunday tradition and have these delicious fluffy pancakes most weekends. They are the easiest pancakes you can make! I could make them with my eyes (almost) closed 😉
Michael requests them all the time and despite them being so easy, they are also very healthy! No processed flour, no sugar, it’s just the good stuff that will keep you feel full and satisfied all morning, for those who have time on week day mornings, these would be idea as they take so little time to make!
Ingredients : (serves 2 hungry humans)
– 2 ripe bananas (optimum ripeness is when your bananas are all spotty!)
– 2 cups of oats
– 2 tbsp of baking powder (if you need them to be strictly GF choose GF baking powder!)
– 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
– 1/2 cup of plant milk (and a little extra splash for when it thickens)
– 2 tbsp of agave syrup
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– optional: a handful of blueberries, dark vegan chocolate chips, a pinch of cinnamon…
– Place ALL ingredients in a blender.
– Blend until smooth, add a splash of mylk if needed to loosen things up.
– Let the batter sit for 5 min while you warm up your non-stick pan
– Pour a dose of the batter straight from the blender cup into the non-stick pan (if you don’t have a non-stick pan, use a little coconut oil so it doesn’t stick!)
– Your pancake is ready to flip when the top is all bubbly (it always takes a couple of pancakes to find the ideal temperature, but I cook them on medium-high heat)
– Keep them warm in your oven as you go, or just eat them straight from the pan (the best in my opinion!)
Serve them with almond butter/peanut butter and jam, or with some fruit, you could make a red berry coulis, or a chocolate ganache (melted dark chocolate with a little plant milk to make it creamy and some sweetener like maple syrup or agave syrup), the options are endless!