Today I decided to bake cupcakes. I am going to London tomorrow for my little cousin’s birthday brunch.
Charlotte’s birthday was last thursday, so as part of her late birthday present I am bringing her those sweet little cupcakes:
I thought you’d like to know what they’re made of. SO here’s the recipe I followed!
I used the basic recipe from a French book my friend got me last Christmas, in case you’re interested it’s called Cupcakes and it’s by Estérelle Payany from the Solar Editions.
Ingredients (for 12 cupcakes) :
– 2 large eggs (prefarable organic)
– 120 g of soft butter
– 4 tablespoon of milk (5 cl)
– 140 g of plain flour (OR self-raising flour)
– 100 g of caster sugar
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder (ONLY if using plain flour)
– a pinch of salt
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or Orange blossom water)
– Preheat oven to 180°C .
– Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until smooth and paler in colour.
– Add one egg after the other, then the flour, salt, and baking powder (only if you’re using plain flour).
– Mix well, then incorporate milk and vanilla extract.
– Drop slightly rounded tablespoons of mixture into paper cases.
– Bake cakes for about 20 minutes (until a nice golden colour).
– Turn, top side up, onto a cooling rack.
Cupcakes straight out of the oven -cooling down.
When your cupcakes are finally cold, you can start icing them. i have used betty Crocker’s Rich&Creamy vanilla Icing. Seriously people you HAVE GOT to try it. I could eat this icing out of the jar like it’s ice cream. They also do a chocolate one. I have no words to describe it. It’s that good.
Anyway this is not a commercial for Icing, so just start to ice your little cupcakes and feel free to be as artistic as you like. You can see my first attempt wasn’t a success.
But then i got the decorating set out. And got better.
Check this baby out!
I am very pleased with them. They are just light and fluffy, the icing is to die for. I have to control myself to not eat them all before tomorrow.
They are now waiting patiently in my fridge, until we all take a trip to London tomorrow morning.
I hope you’re having a lovely weekend!